Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving.

There are so many things to be thankful for this year.  We are healthy for the most part.  C is growing like a weed and talking so much.  He sure does keep me on my toes.  I am thankful for my Hunny who works so hard to allow me to stay home with C everyday.  I'm thankful for the Jones Institute for working their magic, allowing for new growth.

Wow... things have been busy this week.  I started by making some Thanksgiving supper items earlier in the week.  I knew I was going to have to be on my feet a ton... and I wasn't looking forward to it.

I even challenged myself to make collard greens for Hunny.  I had to improvise a little on some of the recipe, but Hunny said they were good.  I also tried to make homemade rolls from a recipe I had gotten from my godmother.  Both times I tried, I couldn't get the dough to rise.  I'm not sure what I am doing wrong... ugg.  I had to send my nephew out to buy some rolls.  Next time maybe.  :D

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving... We had tons of family come up from NC, although we did miss my brother-in-law who was in the hospital.  I hope he gets released soon, and can come up for a visit soon.

No comments: