Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Election Day....

I must admit... I did NOT vote today.  I knew whom I would vote for if I had gone to the polls and voted.  I'm sure there are many of you out there thinking really awful things about me for not voting.  I know I shouldn't think... what is my one vote... and it really has NOTHING to do with my meager vote.  I hate to say it but it has to do with Jury Duty.

I do not want to do my public duty and be a juror.  I spend 110% of my time with C, and have no regular babysitter, or even someone that I could call last minute to come watch C if I had to go in for JD.  Therefore, I believe it best for me to not vote.  I know many people believe I give up my right to bitch, and complain at the way things are going in our government, because I didn't vote, BUT if the person I want to win, wins.... Then I'll be happy and there will be no need to vote.  Hell, my vote didn't get me anywhere but BROKER and having less CHANGE in my pocket with the last Presidential election.

2 comments:

freckleface said...

Well you what I'm gonna say...you're vote DOES count! You better vote in 2012 or I will hunt you down!
I feel ya on the babysitting thing. My in-laws don't give a crap. You know if I were there I would watch C anytime for ya!

Ginny said...

I know... I knew I was opening a can when I wrote this post... but I got really discouraged with the presidential election... That should have really lit a fire under my ass... I will do better... I promise. :D I know you would... you need to come back this way... any news on the dreamsheet?