Sunday, November 14, 2010

Little Helper

I have a little helper in the house.  C has been helping me all around the kitchen lately.  Anytime I go in to cook, he wants the little step stool so he can be at the counter with me.  I think it has to do with the time I let him up there to help me make pie crusts... or a cake... I can't remember.  I was baking something. 
I can go in just to put some dishes in the dishwasher, and he has the pantry open for me to get the step stool out for him.  I let him play in the sink with some bubble water the other day.... Oh my did he have a great time.  I had water everywhere on the counters, on the floor and even in a cookie sheet that was on the counter.  I loved seeing his little mind work to pour from this container to that.  I just wish it was a little less messy for me to clean up.  :D

He also loves to help me empty the dishwasher.  He will take out one thing at a time, tell me what it is and hand it to me.  I think his favorite part is the silverware.  :D

Yesterday, I attempted a trial run of making homemade yeast rolls from a recipes I had gotten from my Aunt.  I want to make them for Thanksgiving dinner.  Anywho, as soon as C saw the flour come out... Oh my it was on!!  He opened the pantry for me to get the step stool and he was ready to bake.  I gave him some flour, tablespoons, sifter, cookie cutters, and measuring cups, he was in Heaven.  There was flour EVERYWHERE.... I don't think I got it all, but with the baking that I am going to be doing in the next few weeks... what's a little more.  :D

I did order for him a Little Partners Learning Tower today.  It will be so much safer than the step-stool in the kitchen.  I can't wait for it to get here.  I have my fingers crossed that it will be here like sometime this coming week.  :D 

2 comments:

freckleface said...

I have never seen those. You need to post all the cool things you find on your blog. You always find these neat things!
Bryn dumped a whole thing of cinnamon and sugar on the floor yesterday. At least it smells good!

Ginny said...

The learning tower found me a long time ago... but I was having a hard time justifying spending the $$. But I think it will so be worth it. :D Specially now that C loves to be in the kitchen with me. :D

Oh goodness... :D I can see you mopping away. :D