Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Waving the white flag...

Things started out pretty well well.... BUT for the last few weeks my frustration level has been at an all time high. 

C still wasn't telling me when he had to potty... Every now and again I would catch him before and get him to potty in the potty chair.  He does great at night, and usually I can get him to go potty as soon as he wakes up.  Lately though he has been crying and fighting me trying to sit him on the toilet. 

Throughout the day I could bribe him with a sucker, or chocolate... but that was only going so far.  He wouldn't ask to go, so I was running around all day cleaning up messes all over the house.  Seems like the majority of the day was cleaning messes, and changing wet big boy pants. 

After having much frustration, and not being able to control it... which is probably why C has been resisting so much I have decided to wave the white flag, and go to pull-ups.  I've tried everything I was told, by praising him that he was dry... etc... but it is just like he doesn't care... Maybe he is too busy.  :( 

I don't know why it has been so hard on me to wave the flag... maybe I feel like I am giving up and I'm failing him.  Although today, when things brought me to tears... I had to wave the flag.  :(

No comments: